Statements and Speeches of James Bullard
This is a collection of speeches, presentations, and commentary by James Bullard. Bullard served as president of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis from April 1, 2008, to August 14, 2023.
- Roundtable Discussion on Model Uncertainty : Conference on Recognizing and Coping with Macroeconomic Model Uncertainty in Designing Monetary Policy, Sponsored by the Bank of Korea, Seoul, Korea
- George Evans and Seppo Honkapohja, "Robust Learning Stability with Operational Monetary Policy Rules" : Discussed at the Conference on Frontiers in Monetary Theory and Policy, Sponsored by the Bank of Japan, Tokyo, Japan
- A Perspective on the U.S. Economy : Delivered at the University of Arkansas Quarterly Business Analysis Breakfast, Sponsored by the Center for Business and Economic Research and the Northwest Arkansas Chambers of Commerce, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Remarks on the U.S. Economy and the State of the Housing Sector : Delivered at the Wisconsin Housing Conference, Sponsored by the University of Wisconsin-Madison Graaskamp Center for Real Estate, the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority, the State of Wisconsin Bureau of Housing, Department of Commerce, and the Wisconsin Realtors Association, Madison, Wisconsin
- Remarks on the U.S. Economy : Delivered at the Macroeconomic Advisers Quarterly Outlook Conference, St. Louis, Missouri
- Fabio Milani, "Learning and Time-Varying Macroeconomic Volatility" : Discussed at International Research Forum on Monetary Policy, Sponsored by the European Central Bank, the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, the BMW Center for German and European Studies at Georgetown University, and the Center for Financial Studies at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University
- Three Issues in Learning and Monetary Policy : Adaptive Learning in Macroeconomics, Sponsored by the Centre for International Macroeconomics and Finance (CIMF) and the Faculty of Economics of the University of Cambridge
- Near-Term Challenges for the U.S. Economy : Delivered at the 2008 Annual Economic Outlook Conference, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- Systemic Risk and the Macroeconomy: An Attempt at Perspective : Delivered at Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.
- The Optimal Inflation Target in an Economy with Limited Enforcement : At Indiana University
- The Optimal Inflation Target in an Economy with Limited Enforcement : New Perspectives on Monetary Policy Design, Sponsored by the Bank of Canada and the Centre De Recerca en Economia Internacional, Barcelona, Spain
- The U.S. Economy and Financial Market Turmoil : Delivered at the Economic Club of Memphis, Memphis, Tenn.
- Panel Discussion: The Role of Potential Output in Policymaking : 33rd Annual Economic Policy Conference Projecting Potential Growth: Issues and Measurement, Sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- President's Welcome : Projecting Potential Growth: Issues and Measurements — The 33rd Annual Economic Policy Conference
- Three Funerals and a Wedding : Delivered at the Regional Economic Summit, Evansville, Ind.
- Remarks on the U.S. Economy : Delivered at the Fall 2008 Century Club Business Series, Washington University in St. Louis
- A Two-Headed Dragon for Monetary Policy : Remarks Made at the National Association of Business Economics Panel on "Long-Run Economic Challenges: A Federal Reserve Perspective," Annual Meeting of the American Economic Association, San Francisco California
- Monetary Policy Tools in an Environment of Low Interest Rates : Delivered at the CFA Society of St. Louis
- Dial 'M' for Monetary Policy : Delivered at the New York Association for Business Economics, Harvard Club of New York, New York
- Discussion of Harris, Kasman, Shapiro, and West: Oil and the Macroeconomy—Lessons for Monetary Policy : 2009 U.S. Monetary Policy Forum, Sponsored by the Initiative on Global Markets, University of Chicago Graduate School of Business
- Monetary Policy in a Global Recession : Delivered at the Monetary Policy in the Current Crisis International Workshop, Organized by the Banque de France, Aix-Marseille University, and Toulouse School of Economics
- Effective Monetary Policy in a Low Interest Rate Environment : Delivered at The Henry Thornton Lecture, Cass Business School, London
- Discussion of Ellison and Sargent: What Questions are Staff and FOMC Forecasts Supposed to Answer? : The 10th EABCN Workshop on Uncertainty over the Business Cycle, European Central Bank, Frankfurt
- Panel Discussion: Dating Business Cycles : With Lucrezia Reichlin and Bob Hall, Presented at the 10th EABCN Workshop on Uncertainty over the Business Cycle, European Central Bank, Frankfurt
- The U.S. Financial System and Macroeconomic Performance : Delivered at the 119th Annual Arkansas Bankers Association & Tradeshow, Day with the Commissioner, Hot Springs, AR
- Financial Market Turmoil and Recession: What's Next? : Organized by the College of Arts and Sciences, Indiana University Bloomington
- Regulatory Reform After the Fall of Wall Street : Delivered at the Financial Regulation Reform Collaborative Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Exit Strategies for the Federal Reserve : Delivered at the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, Organized by the Global Interdependence Center
- The State of the US Economy : Delivered at the University of Arkansas, Little Rock Arkansas
- Monetary Policy Feedback Rules at the Zero Lower Bound : Financial Markets, Liquidity and Monetary Policy Swiss National Bank Research Conference Zurich, Switzerland
- Three Issues for Near-Term Monetary Policy : Delivered at the 51st annual NABE meeting: The New Global Financial and Economic Architecture Gateway to Recovery (or just more of the Blues?)
- The First Phase of the U.S. Recovery : Delivered at the Commerce Bank Economic Breakfast
- The Fed and the Coming Redefinition of Government Regulation : Delivered at the Business Today "Weathering the Storm: The Challenges and Opportunities of A Global Slowdown" Conference
- Three Lessons for Monetary Policy from the Panic of 2008 : Delivered at The Philadelphia Fed Policy Forum
In order to aid in the retrieval of information from this publication, significant tables, charts, and/or articles have been extracted and can be viewed individually or across a span of issues.
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis and Bullard, James. Statements and Speeches of James Bullard. 2008-2023, https://fraser.stlouisfed.org/title/7161, accessed on December 7, 2023.