Statements and Speeches of W. P. G. Harding
This is a collection of transcripts of public statements of W.P.G. Harding. Harding began his term as a member of the Federal Reserve Board on August 10, 1914, and took office as Governor (now Chair) on August 10, 1916, serving until August 9, 1922.
- Letter to Mr. W.M. Clemens, Managing Editor, The Mobile Item, Mobile, Alabama
- America's Financial Position as Affected by the European War : An Address before the American Academy Political and Social Science, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Address before the Texas Bankers' Association Convention at Waco, Texas
- The Results of the European War on America's Financial Position
- The Present Cotton Situation : Speech Under the Auspices of the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce, Birmingham, Alabama
- Efficiency and Industrial Preparedness : Address before the Alumni Society of the University of Alabama, at Tuscaloosa
- The present position and future development of the Federal Reserve System : Address before the Forum of the New York Chapter, American Institute of Banking
- The Federal Reserve System as a New Factor in National and International Finance : Address to the Boston City Club, Boston, Massachusetts
- The Federal Reserve Note, Its Functions and Limitations : From an Address before the Convention of the Ohio Bankers Association at Columbus, Ohio
- The National Banks in War Time : Their Problems and Work : From an Address before the National Bank Section of the American Bankers Association at Chicago, Illinois
- Telegram Suggesting Transit and Audit Conference to be Held in Chicago, Illinois, November 11, 1918
- Inflation the Result, Not the Cause, of High Prices
- Should Exports be Restricted as a Means of Reducing the Present High Cost of Living? : An Address Delivered before the Convention of the West Virginia Bankers' Association at White Sulphur Springs
- The Need for Conservation of Credit : An Address Delivered at Boston before the Massachusetts Bankers' Association
- The Problems of the United States as a Creditor Nation : Delivered before the Second Pan-American Financial Conference, in the Pan-American Building, Washington, D.C.
- The Marketing of Crops : Address Before the Convention of the American Cotton Association at Montgomery, Ala.
- Economy in Using Credit : An Address delivered at the conference in Washington Between the Federal Reserve Board, Members of the Federal Advisory Council, and the Class A Directors of the Twelve Federal Reserve Banks
- Opening Remarks at the Conference with the Federal Reserve Board of the Federal Advisory Council and the Class "A" Directors of the Federal Reserve Banks, Washington, D.C.
- The Problem of Credit Regulation and Control : Address before the Federal Advisory Council, the Class "A" Directors of the Federal Reserve Banks and the Orderly Deflation Committee of the American Bankers' Association, Washington, D.C.
- Present Condition and Future Prospects of the Automotive Industry from the Standpoint of the Federal Reserve Banking System : An Address Delivered before The Motor and Accessory Manufacturers Association, at Cleveland, Ohio
- Functions and Policies of the Federal Reserve System : Address Before the Chamber of Commerce of Cleveland, Ohio
- A Brief Discussion of Present Conditions : Address before the American Farm Bureau Federation at Indianapolis, Indiana
- Address on Western Trip
- Working Back to Normal : An Address Delivered at the Annual Dinner of Group VIII of the New York State Bankers' Association, New York City, N Y.
- The Federal Reserve System: What it Is and What it Is Not : Address at the 'Made-In-Carolinas' Exposition at Charlotte, N. C.
- Letter to Hon. Samuel R. McKelvie, Governor of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Efficiency and Economy in Administration of Federal Reserve Banks
- Response to S. Res. 153 : Letter to the President of the Senate
- The Federal Reserve System as Related to American Business : Address before the Washington Chamber of Commerce.
- Credit, Currency and Business : Address before the Southern Wholesale Dry Goods Association, Birmingham, Ala.
In order to aid in the retrieval of information from this publication, significant tables, charts, and/or articles have been extracted and can be viewed individually or across a span of issues.
Harding, W. P. G. (William Proctor Gould), 1864-1930 and Federal Reserve Board, 1914-1935. Statements and Speeches of W. P. G. Harding. 1915-1922, https://fraser.stlouisfed.org/title/444, accessed on March 21, 2019.