Statements and Speeches of Chester C. Davis
This is a collection of transcripts of public statements of Chester C. Davis. Davis served as a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System from June 25, 1936, until he resigned on April 15, 1941, and as President of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis from April 16, 1941, to February 1, 1951.
- The Federal Reserve System and the Farmer : Address at Annual Meeting of American Farm Bureau Federation, Pasadena, California
- Education and Democracy : An Address at the Dedication of Long Agricultural Hall, at Clemson Agricultural College, Clemson, South Carolina
- Public Opinion and the Credit System : Speech at Montana Bankers' Association, Glacier National Park, Montana
- Some Thoughts on Agricultural Policy : Address at Farm and Home Convention, College of Agriculture, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
- Agricultural Purchasing Power as a Factor in General Prosperity : Address at Annual Meeting of the Chamber of Commerce of the United States, Washington, D.C.
- At the Crossroads : Address at Annual Meeting of the Iowa Bankers' Association, Des Moines, Iowa
- Speech at the Ceremonies in Connection with the Opening of the New Federal Reserve Bank Building, Helena, Montana
- Some Banking Problems and Trends : Address before the Minnesota Bankers' Association, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Credit and Currency Management and Price Level : Address before the Twentieth Annual Meeting of The American Farm Bureau Federation, New Orleans, Louisiana
- An Advancing South : Address before the Mid-South Farm Forum for 1938, in Connection with the Plant-To-Prosper Contest, Memphis, Tennessee
- Agriculture, Industry and Labor : Address before the Maryland Farm Bureau, Inc., Lord Baltimore Hotel, Baltimore, Maryland
- Agricultural Prices and Price Relationships : Opening Address, Third Annual National Farm Institute "Agriculture * Industry * Labor," Des Moines, Iowa
- The Relation of Monetary Policies to Price Levels of Basic Commodities : Address before the Fifteenth Annual Session of the American Institute of Cooperation at the University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Recent Developments in Banking : Address before the Cleveland Chapter of the American Institute of Banking at the Statler Hotel, Cleveland, Ohio
- The Place of Farmers, Economists and Administrators in Developing Agricultural Policy : Address before a Luncheon Meeting of the American Farm Economic Association, Adelphia Hotel, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
In order to aid in the retrieval of information from this publication, significant tables, charts, and/or articles have been extracted and can be viewed individually or across a span of issues.
Davis, Chester C. (Chester Charles), 1887-1975 , Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), 1935- and Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. Statements and Speeches of Chester C. Davis. 1936-1950, https://fraser.stlouisfed.org/title/478, accessed on January 25, 2022.