Women in the World Today : International Report
In December 1961 the President of the United States established the President's Commission on the Status of Women to review progress and to recommend methods of overcoming remaining discrimination against women in the United States in the areas of civil, political, and property rights and in family relations.
- Women in High-Level Elective and Appointive Positions in National Governments : International Report No. 1
- Political Rights of Women in Member Nations of the United Nations : International Report No. 2
- Policies of National Governments on Employing Women : International Report No. 3
- Equal Pay in Member Nations of the International Labor Organization : International Report No. 4
- Protective Labor Legislation for Women in 91 Countries : International Report No. 5
- Maternity Protection and Benefits in 92 Countries : International Report No. 6
- Notes on Women's Employment in the United States and Nine European Countries : International Report No. 7
In order to aid in the retrieval of information from this publication, significant tables, charts, and/or articles have been extracted and can be viewed individually or across a span of issues.
no. 1. Women in high-level elective and appointive positions in national governments -- no. 2. Political rights of women in member nations of the United Nations -- no. 3. Policies of national governments on employing women -- no. 4. Equal pay in member nations of the International Labor Organization -- no. 5. Protective labor legislation for women in 91 countries -- no. 6. Maternity protection and benefits in 92 countries -- no. 7. Notes on women's employment in the United States and nine European countries.
Abstract taken from the Preface International Report No. 1.
Women's Bureau, U.S. Dept. of Labor
- sudocs: L 13.23:
- lcc: HQ1111.W66 1963
- ddc: 331.4 W837
- oclc: 16434317
United States. Women's Bureau. Women in the World Today : International Report. Washington, DC: Women's Bureau, U.S. Dept. of Labor, 1963. https://fraser.stlouisfed.org/title/6568, accessed on December 5, 2023.