The full text on this page is automatically extracted from the file linked above and may contain errors and inconsistencies.
FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF N E W YORK Check Department TCircular No. 317 [November 15, 1920 North Carolina Added To Par List To all Member Banks in the Second Federal Reserve District: All banks in the State of North Carolina are now on the par list. This means t h a t checks drawn on all banking institutions in forty-one states of the union can now be collected at par through the Federal Reserve Banks. In other words 28,126 of the nation's 30,286 banking institutions, or nearly 93 per cent, of the whole are on the list. The remaining 7 per cent, are situated in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina and Tennessee in the Atlanta, Richmond and St. Louis districts. The placing of all of the banks in North Carolina on the par list becomes effective to-day, November 15, 1920. Very truly yours, J. H. CASE, Acting Governor