Destitute pea pickers in California. Mother of seven children. Age thirty-two. Nipomo, California. Accessed September 4, 2014, from http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/fsa/item/fsa1998021539/PP/. Credit: Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division, FSA/OWI Collection.
NOTE: The Great Depression describes the long period of economic downturn that took place after the stock market crash of 1929. This period led to high unemployment rates, lowered stock values, and reduced levels of demand for production materials.
- American Studies at the University of Virginia: America in the 1930s
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis: Great Depression Curriculum Unit
- EH.net: An Overview of the Great Depression
- FRASER: Federal Reserve History
- Wikipedia: Great Depression