Central Bank History
Photo of the building for the First Bank of the United States, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The building was commissioned by Treasury Secretary Alexander Hamilton. Accessed August 28, 2014, from http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2011633532/. Credit: Carol M. Highsmith, from the Carol M. Highsmith Archive, Library of Congress.
NOTE: These publications reflect the history of central banking, specifically, the First and Second Banks of the United States, and the founding and history of the Federal Reserve System.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia: History of Central Banking [Curriculum Material]
- Federal Reserve System Historical Gateway: Events
- Wikipedia: History of Central Banking in the United States
- FRASER: Meltzer's History of the Federal Reserve - Primary Sources
- United States. National Monetary Commission
- Bank of the United States, 1791-1811
- United States. Reserve Bank Organization Committee
- Bank of the United States, 1816-1836