Central Bank History
Photo of the building for the First Bank of the United States, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The building was commissioned by Treasury Secretary Alexander Hamilton. Accessed from http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2011633532/. Credit: Carol M. Highsmith, from the Carol M. Highsmith Archive, Library of Congress.
NOTE: These publications reflect the history of central banking, specifically, the First and Second Banks of the United States, and the founding and history of the Federal Reserve System.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia: History of Central Banking [Curriculum Material]
- Federal Reserve System Historical Gateway: Events
- Wikipedia: History of Central Banking in the United States
- FRASER: Meltzer's History of the Federal Reserve - Primary Sources
- United States. National Monetary Commission
- Bank of the United States, 1791-1811
- United States. Reserve Bank Organization Committee
- Bank of the United States, 1816-1836