The full text on this page is automatically extracted from the file linked above and may contain errors and inconsistencies.
FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF ST. LOUIS Statement for the Press Released for publication in morning papers of January 2, 19420 William T. Nardin, St. Louis, has been redesignated as Chairman of the Board and Federal Reserve Agent, and Oscar G. Johnston, Scott, Miss., as Deputy Chairman, of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, for 1942. Douglas W, Brooks, Memphis, Tenn., has been reappointed a Class C director of the parent bank. The following were recently elected Class A and Class B directors; Sidney Maestre, St. Louis, Class A; John R.. Stanley, Evansville, Ind., Class B; and Henry H. Tucker, Little Rock, Ark., Class B. Tucker succeeded the late Harvey C. Couch. The following have been appointed directors of the branches of the bank; Little Rock Branch - S. M. Brooks, Little Rock; Paul R. LIcCoy, Stuttgart, Ark., and A. F, Bailey, Little Rock. Louisville Branch - E. J. O ’Brien, Jr., Louisville; Ralph C. Gifford, Louisville, and Chas. A. Schacht, Louisville,, Memphis Branch - J. Holmes Sherard, Sherard, Miss.; Oliver Benton, Jackson, Tenn., and W. H. Glasgow, Memphis. The Board of Directors of the Federal Reserve Bank consists of nine members, divided into groups of three each, designated as Classes A, B, and C. Class A and B directors are elected by the mem ber banks, and Class C directors are appointed by the Board of Gover nors in Washington. The Board of Directors of each branch consists of seven members, four of whom are appointed by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis and three by the Board of Governors.