G.17 Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization
Federal Reserve Bulletin and ranging through multiple statistical releases (G.12.2, G.12.3, E.5/G.3, and G.17), the Board of Governors’ industrial production dataset has tracked changes in business conditions, capacity utilization, and industrial production. The data originally tracked only the production of various goods, expanded to three indexes of industrial activity (manufacturing, mining, and agriculture), and now uses 300 individual series to compose the total industrial production index.
- Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization, 1990-
In order to aid in the retrieval of information from this publication, significant tables, charts, and/or articles have been extracted and can be viewed individually or across a span of issues.
This release began in 1990, resulting from a merging of Capacity Utilization, Manufacturing, Mining, Utilities and Industrial Materials (G.3) and Industrial Production (G.12.3).
- Federal Reserve Statistical Releases
- Federal Reserve Board Statistical Releases : A Publications History
- G.3 Capacity Utilization, Manufacturing, Mining, Utilities and Industrial Materials
- G.12.3 Industrial Production
- G.17 Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization on FRED
- G.17 Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization at the Board of Governors website
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), 1935-. G.17 Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization. 1990-2020. https://fraser.stlouisfed.org/title/77, accessed on March 29, 2020.