The full text on this page is automatically extracted from the file linked above and may contain errors and inconsistencies.
CIRCULAR NO. 249 FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF NEW YORK CHECK DEPARTMENT January 26, 1920 PAR POINT MAP To ALL BANKS AND TRUST COMPANIES IN THE SECOND FEDERAL RESERVE DISTRICT, DEAR SIRS : Of the 29,586 banks and bankers in the country, 25,571 are now on the par list. drawn on all banks and bankers situated in 30 states are collectible at par. Checks Six Federal reserve districts out of 12 are now all-par. This means that items drawn on over 86 per cent, of the total number of banks and bankers throughout the entire country can now be received for collection and credit by the Federal reserve banks. During 1919, 6,581 banks were added to the par list, leaving only 4,015, or 14 per cent, of the whole, whose checks as yet cannot be collected at par. The enclosed map of the United States shows graphically the 30 states which are all-par, as compared with only 17 all-par states shown on the map sent you on November 1, 1919. Yours very truly, J. H. CASE, Deputy Governor.