Statements and Speeches of Oliver S. Powell
Oliver S. Powell served as a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System from September 1, 1950, until he resigned on June 30, 1952. Powell then became the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and served from 1952 to 1957.
1929 to 1952
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- Powell, Oliver S., 1896-1963
- Publications from the Board of Governors
- Public Statements of Federal Reserve Board Members and Chairmen
- Public Statements of Presidents of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and Powell, Oliver S., 1896-1963, ([year]), Statements and Speeches of Oliver S. Powell, [issue title/date], accessed Jul 25, 2014 from FRASER, http://fraser.stlouisfed.org/publication/?pid=944
October 5, 1950 - Within the Walls
Before the Federal Reserve Forum, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- December 8, 1950 - The "fluid" defense against inflation : address before the Pacific Northwest Banking Conference, Olympic Hotel, Seattle, Washington (683.6K)
- January 12, 1951 - Bank loans, inflation and defense : address before the Midwest Conference of Chicago Chapter, Robert Morris Associates, Palmer House, Chicago, Illinois (706.9K)
April 26, 1951 - Voluntary Credit Restraint Program
Conference on Bank and Public Relations
May 1, 1951 - Restraints Upon Credit
Before Luncheon Session of Annual Meeting, Chamber of Commerce of the United States, South American Room, Statler Hotel, Washington, D. C.
September 26, 1951 - Fraternal Life Insurance Congress Invited To Support Voluntary Credit Restraint
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Before the National Fraternal Congress of America, Chicago, Illinois.
- October 10, 1951 - The Voluntary Credit Restraint Program : address before the fall conference of the Robert Morris Associates at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York, New York (716.4K)
- January 23, 1952 - The 1952 look at the Voluntary Credit Restraint Program : an address before the Cleveland Chapter of the Robert Morris Associates, Cleveland, Ohio (689.4K)
April 1, 1952 - Dissenting Statement in the Matter of TransAmerica Corporation
testimony before the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- May 7, 1952 - Credit restraint, taxation and other matters : an address before the 62nd Annual Convention of the Tennessee Bankers Association, the Read House, Chattanooga, Tennessee (705.9K)
November 10, 1952 - Two Years of Fighting Inflation
Before the Regional Savings and Mortgage Conference of the American Bankers Association, Nicollet Hotel, Minneapolis