Statements and Speeches of Donald L. Kohn
Donald L. Kohn served as a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System from August 5, 2002, to September 1, 2010, and as vice chairman from June 23, 2006, to June 23, 2010.
2002 to 2010
- Publications from the Board of Governors
- Public Statements of Federal Reserve Board Members and Chairmen
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) and Kohn, Donald L, ([year]), Statements and Speeches of Donald L. Kohn, [issue title/date], accessed May 21, 2013 from FRASER, http://fraser.stlouisfed.org/publication/?pid=464
November 22, 2002 - The U.S. current account deficit
Remarks at the 12th Frankfurt European Banking Conference at the Alte Oper Frankfurt, Germany
February 28, 2003 - The strength in consumer durables and housing: policy stabilization or problem in the making?
Remarks at the Conference on Finance and Macroeconomics sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco and Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research
- March 5, 2003 - Statement before the Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit of the Committee on Financial Services, House of Representatives (117.8K)
June 10, 2003 - Comment on "Good policies for bad governments: behavioral political economy" by Daniel J. Benjamin and David I. Laibson
At the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston's 48th Economic Conference: How Humans Behave -- Implications for Economics and Economic Policy, Chatham, Massachusetts
June 20, 2003 - Central bank talk: Does it matter and why?
With Brian P. Sack, regarding FOMC statements' impact on market interest rates
September 24, 2003 - Productivity and monetary policy
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Monetary Seminar, Philadelphia
October 17, 2003 - Panel Discussion
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis 28th Annual Policy Conference, Inflation Targeting: Prospects and Problems
January 7, 2004 - Panel Discussion
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta's Public Policy Dinner, Atlanta Georgia
March 25, 2004 - Monetary policy in a time of macroeconomic transition
National Association for Business Economics 20th Annual Washington Policy Conference, Washington, D.C.
March 26, 2004 - Research at the Federal Reserve Board: The contributions of Henderson, Porter, and Tinsley
Before the Models and Monetary Conference Policy, Washington D.C.
April 1, 2004 - Monetary policy and imbalances
Banking and Finance Lecture Series, Widener University, Chester, PA
June 4, 2004 - The outlook for inflation
Remarks to the National Economist Club, Washington, D.C.
- June 22, 2004 - Statement before the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, United States Senate (324.2K)
October 15, 2004 - How should policymakers deal with low-probability, high-impact events?
Remarks to the European Central Bank Conference, "Monetary Policy and Imperfect Knowledge," Wurzberg, Germany
January 6, 2005 - Crisis management: The known, the unknown, and the unknowable
Wharton/Sloan/Mercer Oliver Wyman Institute Conference "Financial Risk Management in Practice." Philadelphia, Pennsylvannia
January 9, 2005 - Central bank communication
Remarks to the Annual Meeting of the American Economic Association, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
April 14, 2005 - Economic outlook
Remarks to the 2005 Conference of 12th District Directors, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
April 22, 2005 - Imbalances in the U.S. economy
Remarks to the Levy Institute's Annual Hyman P. Minsky Conference, Bard College, New York
May 20, 2005 - Modeling inflation: A policymaker's perspective
Remarks at the International Research Forum on Monetary Policy: 3rd conference European Central Bank, Frankfurt, Germany
- June 9, 2005 - Statement before the Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit of the Committee on Financial Services, House of Representatives (197.4K)
June 15, 2005 - Managing risk in a changing economic and financial landscape
Remarks at the Bankers Association for Finance and Trade, and Institute of International Bankers Conference, New York, New York
July 21, 2005 - Monetary policy perspectives on risk premiums in financial markets
Remarks to the Financial Markets Risk Premiums Conference, Board of Governors Martin Building, Washington D.C.
August 27, 2005 - Comments on Raghuram G. Rajan's Paper "Has Financial Development Made the World Riskier?"
Remarks at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Economic Symposium.
September 29, 2005 - Inflation Modeling: A Policymaker's Perspective
Remarks at the Quantitative Evidence on Price Determination Conference.
October 11, 2005 - Globalization, inflation, and monetary policy
Remarks at the James R. Wilson Lecture Series at the College of Wooster, Ohio
October 19, 2005 - The economic outlook
Remarks at the Global Investment and Economic Outlook Conference, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- March 1, 2006 - Statement before the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, United States Senate (172.5K)
March 16, 2006 - Remarks
Before an ECB colloquium held in honor of Ottmar Issing, Frankfurt, Germany, "Monetary Policy: A Journal from Theory to Practice"
April 13, 2006 - Economic outlook
Remarks at the Banker and Business Leaders Luncheon sponsored by the Board of Directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and the Oklahoma City Branch Office, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
April 27, 2006 - Business capital spending
Remarks at the Forecasters Club of New York Luncheon, New York, New York
May 11, 2006 - Investing in payment innovations - A Federal Reserve perspective
Remarks at the 2006 Payments Conference Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
May 18, 2006 - The evolving nature of the financial system - Financial crises and the role of the central bank
Conference on New Directions for Understanding Systemic Risk co sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and the National Academy of Sciences, New York, New York
- June 8, 2006 - Statement before the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, United States Senate (42.9K)
June 16, 2006 - The effects of globalization on inflation and their implications for monetary policy
Remarks at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston's 51st Economic Conference, "Global Imbalances as Giants Evolve," Chatham, Massachusetts
July 6, 2006 - Reflections on globalization and policies
Remarks at the European Economics and Financial Centre Seminar, House of Commons, London
September 11, 2006 - Evolution of retail payments and the role of the Federal Reserve
Remarks at the Western Payments Alliance 2006 Payments Symposium, Las Vegas, Nevada
October 4, 2006 - Economic outlook
Remarks at the Money Marketeers of New York University, New York
November 3, 2006 - The evolving role of the Federal Reserve Banks
Remarks at the American Bar Association, Banking Law Section, Washington, D.C.
December 1, 2006 - Monetary policy and uncertainty
Remarks at the 4th Conference of the International Research Forum on Monetary Policy, Washington, D.C.
January 8, 2007 - The economic outlook
Remarks at the Atlanta Rotary Club, Atlanta, GA
February 21, 2007 - Financial stability: Preventing and managing crises
Remarks at the Exchequer Club Luncheon, Washington, D.C.
March 9, 2007 - Comments on 'Understanding the Evolving Inflation Process' by Stephen G. Cecchetti, Peter Hooper, Bruce C. Kasman
Remarks at the U.S. Monetary Policy Forum, Washington, D.C.
March 22, 2007 - Asset pricing puzzles, credit risk, and credit derivatives
Remarks at the Conference on Credit Risk and Credit Derivatives, Washington, D.C.
- April 25, 2007 - Statement before the Committee on Financial Services, House of Representatives (589.8K)
May 16, 2007 - Remarks
Remarks at the 2007 Financial Markets Conference, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, Sea Island, Georgia
September 21, 2007 - Success and failure of monetary policy since the 1950s
Remarks at a conference to mark the 50th anniversary of the Deutsche Bundesbank, 'Monetary Policy Over 50 Years,' Frankfurt, Germany
October 5, 2007 - Economic outlook
Remarks at the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce 207th Annual Meeting, Philadelphia
October 12, 2007 - John Taylor rules
Remarks at the Conference on John Taylor's Contributions to Monetary Theory and Policy, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
November 28, 2007 - Financial markets and central banking
Remarks at the Council on Foreign Relations, New York, New York
January 4, 2008 - Expertise and macroeconomic policy
Comments on 'Insiders versus Outsiders in Monetary Policy-Making' by Timothy Besley, Neil Meads and Paolo Surico, at the American Economic Association/ Allied Social Science Associations Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana
January 5, 2008 - Recent and prospective developments in monetary policy. Transparency and communications: A global perspective
Remarks at the National Association for Business Economics Session at the American Economic Association / Allied Social Science Associations Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana
February 26, 2008 - The U.S. economy and monetary policy
Remarks at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- March 4, 2008 - Statement before the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, United States Senate (615.7K)
March 7, 2008 - Implications of globalization for the conduct of monetary policy
Remarks at the International Symposium of the Banque de France, Paris
April 7, 2008 - Dedication of the new Seattle branch building
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, Seattle Branch, Renton, Washington
April 17, 2008 - The changing business of banking: Implications for financial stability and lessons from recent market turmoil
Remarks at the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond's Credit Market Symposium, Charlotte, North Carolina
May 20, 2008 - The Economic Outlook
Remarks at the National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems Annual Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana
May 29, 2008 - Money markets and financial stability
Remarks at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and Columbia Business School Conference on the Role of Money Markets, New York
- June 5, 2008 - Statement before the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, United States Senate (397.8K)
June 11, 2008 - Lessons for central bankers from a Philips Curve framework
Remarks at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston's 52nd Annual Economic Conference
- June 19, 2008 - Statement before the Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment, Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, United States Senate (469.9K)
June 26, 2008 - Global economic integration and decoupling
Remarks at the International Research Forum on Monetary Policy, Frankfurt, Germany
September 11, 2008 - Comments
Comments at the 2008 Fall Conference on the Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Washington, D.C.
October 15, 2008 - Economic outlook
Remarks at the Georgetown University Wall Street Alliance, New York, New York
November 12, 2008 - Productivity and innovation in financial services
Remarks at the official celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the Banque Centrale du Luxembourg
November 19, 2008 - Monetary policy and asset prices revisited
Remarks at the Cato Institute 26th Annual Monetary Policy Conference: "Lessons from the Subprime Crisis," Washington, D.C.
December 8, 2008 - Restoring financial intermediation by banks: The role of regulators
Remarks at the Office of Thrift Supervision National Housing Forum, Washington, D.C.
- January 13, 2009 - Statement before the Committee on Financial Services, U.S. House of Representatives (195.8K)
- March 5, 2009 - Statement before the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, United States Senate (43.2K)
- April 3, 2009 - Policies to Bring Us Out of the Financial Crisis and Recession: Remarks at the Forum on Great Decisions in the Economic Crisis, College of Wooster, Wooster, Ohio (59.6K)
- April 18, 2009 - Monetary Policy in the Financial Crisis: Remarks at the Conference in Honor of Dewey Daane, Financial Markets Research Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee (116.4K)
- April 20, 2009 - The Economic Outlook: Remarks at the Hutchinson Lecture, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware (122.7K)
- May 23, 2009 - Interactions between Monetary and Fiscal Policy in the Current Situation: Remarks at a Conference on Monetary-Fiscal Policy Interactions, Expectations, and Dynamics in the Current Economic Crisis, Sponsored by Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University's Center for Economic Policy Studies, Indiana University's Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, at Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey (103.4K)
- June 25, 2009 - Comments on Financial Intermediation and the Post-Crisis Financial System by Hyun Song Shin, at the Eighth BIS Annual Conference 2009, Financial System and Macroeconomic Resilience: Revisited, June 25-26, 2009, Basel, Switzerland (73.5K)
- July 9, 2009 - Statement / by Donald Kohn ... before the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology, Committee on Financial Services, U.S. House of Representatives (174.9K)
- September 10, 2009 - Comments on "Interpreting the Unconventional U.S. Monetary Policy of 2007-09" : Remarks at the Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C. (210.1K)
- September 30, 2009 - Central Bank Exit Policies: Remarks at the Shadow Open Market Committee Meeting at the Cato Institute, Washington, D.C. (17.3K)
- October 9, 2009 - Monetary Policy Research and the Financial Crisis: Strengths and Shortcomings: Remarks at the Federal Reserve Board Conference on Key Developments in Monetary Economics, Washington, D.C. (178.4K)
- October 13, 2009 - The economic outlook : remarks at the National Association for Business Economics, St. Louis, Missouri (129.2K)
- October 23, 2009 - International perspective on the crisis and response : remarks at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, 54th economic conference, Chatham, Massachusetts (87.4K)
- January 3, 2010 - Monetary policy in the crisis : past, present, and future : remarks at the Brimmer Policy Forum, American Economic Association annual meeting, Atlanta, Georgia (30.8K)
- January 29, 2010 - Focusing on bank interest rate risk exposure : remarks at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation's Symposium on Interest Rate Risk Management, Arlington, Virginia (37.5K)
- March 24, 2010 - Homework assignments for monetary policymakers : remarks at the Cornelson Distinguished Lecture at Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina (50.1K)
- April 8, 2010 - The economic outlook : remarks at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Community Leaders luncheon, San Francisco, California (33.9K)
- May 11, 2010 - Global imbalances : remarks at the High-Level Conference on the International Monetary System, sponsored by the Swiss National Bank and the International Monetary Fund, Zurich, Switzerland (88.5K)