Statements and Speeches of Thomas B. McCabe
Thomas B. McCabe served as Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System from April 15, 1948, until he resigned on March 31, 1951.
1948 to 1951
- Publications from the Board of Governors
- Public Statements of Federal Reserve Board Chairmen
- Public Statements of Federal Reserve Board Members and Chairmen
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) and McCabe, Thomas B. (Thomas Bayard), 1893-1982, ([year]), Statements and Speeches of Thomas B. McCabe, [issue title/date], accessed Mar 12, 2014 from FRASER, http://fraser.stlouisfed.org/publication/?pid=447
July 29, 1948 - Statement
Statement before the Senate Banking and Currency Committee. Chairman McCabe presented a condensed statement of the official view of the Board of Governors regarding the proposed "Anti-Inflation Act of 1948," followed by personal observations concerning the impact of the inflationary forces on the credit control mechanism.
August 2, 1948 - Statement
Statement before the House Banking and Currency Committee
September 27, 1948 - Address
Address of Thomas B. McCabe, Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, at the Pennsylvania Week Luncheon of the Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, Monday, September 27, 1948.
October 26, 1948 - The Significance of Membership in the Federal Reserve System
Address at the annual meeting of the Stockholders of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
February 14, 1949 - Statement on behalf of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
Statement presented before the Joint Committee on the Economic Report.
May 11, 1949 - Statement
Statement by Chairman Thomas B. McCabe on behalf of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System before the Senate Banking and Currency Committee.
August 5, 1949 - The Equity Capital Situation
A personal statement prepared at the request of a Subcommittee of the Committee on Banking and Currency of the Untied States Senate.
November 17, 1949 - The Committee for Economic Development -- Its Past, Present and future
An address by Thomas B. McCabe before the semi-annual meeting of the CED Board of Trustees.
December 3, 1949 - Statement
Statement before the Subcommittee on Monetary, Credit, and Fiscal Policies of the Joint Committee on the Economic Report.
January 1950 - Statement
Statement on S. 2822, A Bill to Amend the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- February 16, 1950 - Statement on S. 2246 before the Senate Committee on Banking and Currency (746.3K)
- March 17, 1950 - Proposed legislation regarding bank holding companies : additional statement before the Senate Banking and Currency Committee (588.5K)
- April 13, 1950 - The challenge of opportunity versus security : an address before a seminar group of Life Insurance Executives sponsored by The Life Insurance Companies of Massachusetts, and the Graduate School of Business, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts (1.2M)
- June 27, 1950 - Statement on proposed small business legislation : presented before the Senate Committee on Banking and Currency (1.1M)
- September 21, 1950 - Our common problem : address before the National Association of Supervisors of State Banks, Boston, Massachusetts (784.2K)
- December 12, 1950 - The role of central banking in our free enterprise society : an address before the Alabama Dinner of the American Newcomen Society, Birmingham, Alabama (1.0M)
- December 14, 1950 - Inflation and the banking system : an address before the National Credit Conference of the American Bankers Association, Chicago, Illinois (780.4K)