Statements and Speeches of Charles S. Hamlin
Charles S. Hamlin served as the first Governor of the Federal Reserve Board from August 10, 1914, to August 9, 1916, and remained on the Board until February 3, 1936.
1914 to 1930
- Publications from the Board of Governors
- Public Statements of the Chair of the Board of Governors
- Public Statements of Members of the Board of Governors
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) and Hamlin, Charles S., ([year]), Statements and Speeches of Charles S. Hamlin, [issue title/date], accessed Sep 2, 2014 from FRASER, http://fraser.stlouisfed.org/publication/?pid=443
- January 15, 1914 - Federal Reserve Act: an address delivered before the New York Credit Men's Association at its annual mid-winter meeting and dinner, held at the Hotel Astor, New York, N.Y., January 15, 1914. (697.0K)
- October 14, 1914 - Abstract of address at the Convention of the American Bankers Association, at Richmond, Virginia, October 14, 1914. (2.8M)
December 3, 1914 - Federal Reserve System as established and in operation
Delivered before the New York Chamber of Commerce, Thursday, December 3rd, 1914.
- February 4, 1915 - Abstract of speech delivered before the Chamber of Commerce of the United States, Washington, D.C., February 4, 1915. (3.2M)
- February 13, 1915 - The Federal Reserve Act : address delivered at 32nd annual banquet of the Chicago Real Estate Board, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, February 13, 1915. (651.2K)
- May 25, 1915 - Address before the Pan American Financial Conference, Washington, D.C., May 25, 1915. (849.8K)
June 25, 1915 - The Federal Reserve Act
Address before the New York State Bankers Association Convention, Saratoga Springs, New York.
November 18, 1915 - Federal Reserve System
Address before the Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce.
- January 22, 1916 - Speech before the Republican Club of the City of New York, January 22, 1916. (2.2M)
- May 18, 1916 - Federal Reserve Act : address at the First Dinner at the Union Club, Bankers Club of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio, May 18, 1916. (900.5K)
- June 15, 1916 - Abstract of an address before the Robert Morris Club, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, June 15, 1916. (1.6M)
- October 25, 1916 - Speech delivered before the Massachusetts State Board of Trade, Boston, Massachusetts, October 25, 1916. (4.5M)
- June 22, 1929 - Address before the Maine Bankers' Association, Poland Springs, Maine, June 22, 1929. (629.3K)