Joint Treasury-Federal Reserve Study of the U.S. Government Securities Market
This study was initiated in early 1966 in order to evaluate how the U.S. Government securities market was functioning in light of the institutional and public policy changes that took place in the first half of the 1960s. The study was carried out under a Steering Committee chaired by William McChesney Martin, Jr.
Part 1 discusses the overall study and its findings. Parts 2 and 3 contain a selection of individual staff studies; these and other staff studies are also available on FRASER as individual publications.
Digitized by Internet Archive in cooperation with the U. S. Department of the Treasury, Treasury Library.
- Automating Government Securities Market Operations: Staff Study
- Changing Structure of the Dealer Market in Government Securities: Staff Study
- Dealer Profits and Capital Availability in the U.S. Government Securities Industry, 1955-1965: Staff Study
- Effects of Operations in Coupon Issues on Interest Rates and Flows of Funds over Shorter Time Intervals: Staff Study
- Federal Agency Debt and Its Secondary Market: Staff Study
- Financial and Economic Environment of the 1960's in Relation to the U.S. Government Securities Market: Staff Study
- Government Securities Market Performance in the Wake of Official Operations in Coupon Issues Day-to-Day Performance: Staff Study
- Institutional Investors and the U.S. Government Securities Market: Staff Study
- Market Performance as Reflected in Aggregative Indicators: Staff Study
- New Techniques in Debt Management since the Late 1950's: Staff Study
- Position of Nonbank Dealers when Treasury Securities are Issued with Payment Permitted in Tax and Loan Accounts: Staff Study
- Techniques of the Federal Reserve Trading Desk in the 1960's Contrasted with the "Bills Preferably" Period: Staff Study
- Views of the U.S. Government Securities Dealers: Staff Study
FR 1.2: Se 3/2
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) and United States. Dept. of the Treasury, ([year]), Joint Treasury-Federal Reserve Study of the U.S. Government Securities Market, [issue title/date], accessed Mar 9, 2014 from FRASER, http://fraser.stlouisfed.org/publication/?pid=318