Bulletin of the Women's Bureau
Originally organized in 1918 as the Women in Industry Service, a war agency of the Department of Labor, the Women's Bureau of the US Department of Labor was permanently established under its new name in 1920.
These bulletins were published periodically, starting in 1919, covering a variety of topics relating to working women.
1921 to 1975
United States. Women's Bureau, ([year]), Bulletin of the Women's Bureau, [issue title/date], accessed Jul 29, 2014 from FRASER, http://fraser.stlouisfed.org/publication/?pid=243
- April 27, 1922 - Bulletin No. 23. The Family Status of Breadwinning Women: A Study of Material in the Census Schedules of a Selected Locality (1.8M)
- September 30, 1922 - Bulletin No. 27. The Occupational Progress of Women: An Interpretation of Census Statistics of Women in Gainful Occupations (2.6M)
- [July 1923] - Supplement to Bulletin No. 16. Changes Since 1921 in State Laws Affecting Women's Hours and Wages (831.8K)
July 20, 1923 - Bulletin No. 33. Proceedings of the Women's Industrial Conference
Called by the Women's Bureau of the United States Department of Labor, Washington, D.C., January 11, 12, and 13, 1923.
- May 19, 1924 - Bulletin No. 42. List of References on Minimum Wage for Women in the United States and Canada (2.5M)
- July 8, 1924 - Bulletin No. 43. Standard and Scheduled Hours of Work for Women in Industry: A Study Based on Hour Data from 13 States (3.3M)
- February 7, 1925 - Bulletin No. 46. Facts about Working Women: A Graphic Presentation Based on Census Statistics and Studies of the Women's Bureau (2.2M)
- September 22, 1931 - Bulletin No. 92. Wage-Earning Women and the Industrial Conditions of 1930: A Survey of South Bend (4.1M)
- May 24, 1937 - Bulletin No. 155. Women in the Economy of the United States of America: A Summary Report (4.9M)
1939 - Bulletin No. 161. Women at Work: A Century of Industrial Change
Digitized by the Internet Archive.
- October 8, 1946 - Bulletin No. 211. Employment of Women in the Early Postwar Period, with Background of Prewar and War Data (926.0K)
- October 29, 1946 - Bulletin No. 157-A. The Legal Status of Women in the United States of America: United States Summary, Cumulative Supplement, 1938-1945 (1.4M)
- 1956 - Bulletin No. 157 (Revised 1956). The Legal Status of Women in the United States of America: United States Summary as of January 1, 1953 (4.9M)
- 1960 - Bulletin No. 157-12 (Revised). Legal Status of Women in the United States of America: Report for Illinois as of January 1, 1960 (1.2M)
In order to aid in the retrieval of information from this publication, significant tables, charts, and/or articles have been extracted and can viewed individually or across a span of issues.