Statements and Speeches of Marriner S. Eccles
Marriner S. Eccles took office as Governor of the Federal Reserve Board on November 15, 1934. His title changed from governor to chairman upon approval of the Banking Act of 1935 on August 23, 1935. He remained chairman until January 31, 1948; served as chairman pro tempore from February 3, 1948, to April 15, 1948; and continued to serve as a member of the Board until he resigned on July 14, 1951.
Additionally, a digital collection of the papers of Marriner S. Eccles, including various letters and memoranda concerning his statements and speeches along with draft versions of his speeches, is available on FRASER at http://fraser.stlouisfed.org/eccles/.
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) and Eccles, Marriner S. (Marriner Stoddard), 1890-1977, ([year]), Statements and Speeches of Marriner S. Eccles, [issue title/date], accessed Dec 5, 2013 from FRASER, http:fraser.stlouisfed.org/publication/?pid=446
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.)
- Eccles, Marriner S. (Marriner Stoddard), 1890-1977
- Publications from the Board of Governors
- Public Statements of Federal Reserve Board Chairmen
- Public Statements of Federal Reserve Board Members and Chairmen
1934 to 1951